This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
Planning on traveling this summer, or over July 4th in particular? Then you might be interested in some of the findings of a recent travel survey conducted on behalf of American Express, called the American Express Spending & Saving Tracker:
- 198 Million Americans are planning a summer getaway this year.
- Despite this being up 13% over last year, the number of Americans planning to travel specifically over the July 4th holiday weekend is down a significant 15% from last year (35% vs. 41%).
- Approximately 82.1 Million Americans are planning to get away to celebrate
- Americans not planning to travel over holiday weekends is up 19% in 2015 (31% vs. 26% in 2014)
- Labor Day is also down a significant 17% from last year (24% vs. 29%)
- There is a significant 13% increase in the number of Americans taking 2 full weeks—or more!—of vacation this summer (36% vs. 32% in 2014)
- 81% of Americans with summer travel plans saved/set aside money to travel this summer
- Of the 92% of Americans planning activities during their summer travel, 32% are planning a family reunion
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.