One of the reasons I began this blog was, having run marathons in 50 states, I saw that there were lots of “travel” issues unique to persons who travel frequently for sport or hobby, as opposed to business.
Over the next few months, I intend to write a series of posts, geared to travel for runners.
Some of the topics I’ve thought of writing are listed below, but I’d really like some input and suggestions (especially from runners themselves) as to what other topics should be covered. Not every topic am I an expert at – I’d love some guest posts on some topics, such as car rentals, amtrak and dining programs.
Here’s a tentative list of possible posts:
1. Loyalty, Loyalty, Loyalty
2. Choosing hotels when traveling to races
3. Shopping for airline fares and airline loyalty programs
4. Credit card promos equal free travel to races and/or free hotel stays
5. Points, points, points (from sign on bonuses, from credit card portals, etc)
6. Why every runner should have a British Airways Account – even if you never go to Europe
7. Car rentals for runners
8. When plans change – what to do
Disclosure: I may receive compensation for some of the links on this blog, including certain credit card offers and other products displayed on this website. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners.