This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
We recently ran a contest for a giveaway of two copies of the new book by Dr. Jordan Metzl, entitled Athlete’s Book of Home Remedies, published by Rodale, Inc. In the POST, I asked for the readers to leave comments offering his/her suggestions on how they handle travel to competive events. There were some great tips, including:
- ensure adequate hydration
- get to the location of the race a day or two before the event
- bring compression gear
- try to keep routine same as usual
- if flying, reserve an aisle seat
- stick to routine foods
- bring snacks
- keep your legs elevated as much as possible
- bring “the stick” (though some complained that they’ve had “the stick” confiscated by TSA)
- bring a sleep aid for the night before the marathon
- pack comfortable sandles
Using http://www.random.org/, two winners were drawn: Jacqueline and Amanda (Run to the Finish). Congratulations!!
And, if you didn’t win, the book is reasonably priced, and well worth the investment.
Please note: Will Run For Miles may have a financial relationship with some of the merchants advertised on the blog, and may receive compensation if consumers utilize the links located on this site and generate sales therefrom
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.