We recently ran a contest for a giveaway of two copies of the new book by Dr. Jordan Metzl, entitled Athlete’s Book of Home Remedies, published by Rodale, Inc. In the POST, I asked for the readers to leave comments offering his/her suggestions on how they handle travel to competive events. There were some great tips, including:
- ensure adequate hydration
- get to the location of the race a day or two before the event
- bring compression gear
- try to keep routine same as usual
- if flying, reserve an aisle seat
- stick to routine foods
- bring snacks
- keep your legs elevated as much as possible
- bring “the stick” (though some complained that they’ve had “the stick” confiscated by TSA)
- bring a sleep aid for the night before the marathon
- pack comfortable sandles
Using http://www.random.org/, two winners were drawn: Jacqueline and Amanda (Run to the Finish). Congratulations!!
And, if you didn’t win, the book is reasonably priced, and well worth the investment.
Please note: Will Run For Miles may have a financial relationship with some of the merchants advertised on the blog, and may receive compensation if consumers utilize the links located on this site and generate sales therefrom
Disclosure: I may receive compensation for some of the links on this blog, including certain credit card offers and other products displayed on this website. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners.