This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
Let’s admit it. When you get on a plane, you look around. You think that this person would be interesting to sit next to, and the next one would not be. (Unless of course, you’re seated in First Class, in which case you want everyone to look at you and wonder who you are).
But what if you had the option to review other passengers’ Facebook pages when choosing your seat?
That thought kind of yucks me out – it feels stalky. But honestly, you can really do this now.
I was checking in online for my flight to on Friday to Lisbon, and I was given the choice of using TAP Fly Social. The heading says this:
Are you ready to make your flight more interesting?
TAP’s Fly Social lets you know who will share the flight with you and lets you choose your seat next to whoever you want.
It couldn’t be easier.
- Simply activate TAP’s Fly Social app when you check-in online, automatically associating your Facebook account with your booking.
- When selecting your seat on the aircraft, you will be able to see the Facebook profiles of the other passengers who have also checked-in socially.
- Then just choose to sit beside the person who seems most interesting and, who knows, you might make a new friend on board!
- After check-in you can share your seat on your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn profiles.
- All the conditions are there for an unforgettable flight with TAP.
Connect with TAP Fly Social and fly in good company!
I’m not kidding. This was real. I’m kind of …. like ….. ew. Would you do it?
YES? or NO?
I wouldn’t, unless there was an open seat next to . . . George Clooney.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.