This Travelzoo Deal is worthy of mention whether you live in New York or are visiting for the first or fifth time! New York City has some great downtown museums, but too often, locals and visitors alike, go only to the uptown museums. Well, lower Manhattan has a lot to offer – and 2 passes for $19 (or 1 pass for $15) is fabulous!
This is what Travelzoo has to say about it:
Why we love it
- Free admission to top Lower Manhattan museums
- General admission to these museums is $5-$12 a person — the pass for two pays for itself when you visit two or three museums
- Use the pass over three days
Through June 30, 2015
WhereDowntown Culture PassPick-up location: Museum of American Finance
48 Wall St.
New York, 10005(See Map)Tel: 212-908-4110
- For $19 (reg. $50), receive a Downtown Culture Pass for two people, which includes admission to 10 museums, such as:
- Museum of American Finance: Earns 4 stars on TripAdvisor; Fodor’s notes the “well-executed temporary exhibits”
- The 9/11 Tribute Center: A project of the September 11th Families’ Association that earns 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor from 550+ reviews
- South Street Seaport: Explore the fleet of sailing vessels and visit a 19th-century print shop; earns 4 stars on TripAdvisor
- Fraunces Tavern Museum: Earns a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014 and 4 stars on Yelp
- Museum of Jewish Heritage: Earns 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and Yelp
- Pass also includes additional discounts at museum gift shops and on local tours with New York Water Taxi and Wall Street Walks
- Pass for one is $15 (reg. $25)
And, while you’re visiting downtown – you might also be interested in (1) a ride on the Staten Island Ferry (it’s free and you’ll practically be kissing the Statue of Liberty), (2) a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge! Also visit the National Museum of the American Indian, a wonderful Smithsonian Museum, which does not charge an entry fee.
Note: I do not earn any referral or affiliate fee for this – I just like lower Manhattan and think this is a worthwhile deal!
Disclosure: I may receive compensation for some of the links on this blog, including certain credit card offers and other products displayed on this website. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners.