Alaska Airlines wants to promote RACECATIONS, which it defines as a trip or vacation in which the destination is chosen based upon running a race.
Alaska Airlines has partnered with several races giving a discount of up to 10% on air travel.
The airline provides various tips on racecationing, including:
- Arrive a few days before your race to give yourself time to get settled at your hotel.
- When you reach your destination, go for a short shakeout run.
- Wearing compression socks or sleeves when flying will help maintain blood flow, making your legs feel better when you land.
- Travel with a water bottle. It will remind you to drink up and help prevent you from getting dehydrated from the flight.
- Relax your mind by finding an activity that will keep you calm throughout your travels, such as a good book or calming music.
- Pack comfortable clothes so you enjoy the city post-race.
- Find time to celebrate your accomplishment. Try a new restaurant, see a show, or visit the city’s famous sites.
- Give yourself plenty of time to clean up after the race, celebrate with friends and family, and enjoy the city before jetting back home.
(Having run 111 marathons, and numerous half-marathons around the world, I could give a few more tips…. see, Marathon Travel Planning 101 ).
Alaska Airlines, as the title sponsor of the Alaska Airlines Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon, is offering $15 off the registration for the marathon or half marathon – use the promotion code ALASKA, and register online on or before June 1, 2016.
Travel Discount. Alaska Airlines has partnered with several races giving a discount of 10% on air travel.
Alaska Airlines is offering travel discounts by 10% for a number of races, primarily Rock n Roll and Wine Destination Races, as follows:
For further information, and the links to each of the above races, please visit this page of the Alaska Airlines website.