This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
As I previously wrote (see, When I See a Credit Card Offering 100,000 Points or Miles, I Jump!), I jumped on the opportunity to apply for the Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN – not only because of the many positive benefits of the card, but also because of the 100,000 Membership Reward points I earned as a sign-on bonus!
The application says that it is a Limited Time Offer, which expires January 25, 2017.
After tomorrow, I don’t know what the welcome bonus will be for new applicants. 25,000 Membership Reward points? 50,000 Membership Reward points? 75,000 Membership Reward points?
Here are the current highlights of the card:
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® points. Offer expires January 25, 2017.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- New: Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That’s 1.5 points per dollar, on each qualifying purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Plus, continue to get one point per dollar for qualifying purchases under $5,000.
- New 50% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 50% of the points back.
- New: You can also receive 50% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
The annual fee for the Enhanced Business Platinum Amex is $450, but you receive 100,000 Membership Reward points, plus a $200 statement credit for incidental airline fees, and $100 application fee credit for global entry, as well as the other benefits listed above.
To meet the $15,000 spend, what I did was pay $11,000 to my cooperative corporation (towards a few months’ maintenance) via Plastiq, and the other $4,000 on various other expenses. Plastiq does charge a fee, but it was worth it to me under the circumstances, and I earned an additional 15,000 Membership Reward points this way. This is my Plastiq referral code, if you are interested in trying the service.
Feel free to peruse the offerings in the Credit Card Link at the top of this website.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.