This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
We recently ran a contest for a giveaway of two copies of the new book by Dr. Jordan Metzl, entitled Athlete’s Book of Home Remedies, published by Rodale, Inc. In the POST, I asked for the readers to leave comments offering his/her suggestions on how they handle travel to competive events. There were some great tips, including:
- ensure adequate hydration
- get to the location of the race a day or two before the event
- bring compression gear
- try to keep routine same as usual
- if flying, reserve an aisle seat
- stick to routine foods
- bring snacks
- keep your legs elevated as much as possible
- bring “the stick” (though some complained that they’ve had “the stick” confiscated by TSA)
- bring a sleep aid for the night before the marathon
- pack comfortable sandles
Using http://www.random.org/, two winners were drawn: Jacqueline and Amanda (Run to the Finish). Congratulations!!
And, if you didn’t win, the book is reasonably priced, and well worth the investment.
Please note: Will Run For Miles may have a financial relationship with some of the merchants advertised on the blog, and may receive compensation if consumers utilize the links located on this site and generate sales therefrom
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.