Today, Hyatt announced that, with some limited exceptions, reservations booked July 1, 2020 and beyond – for any future arrival date through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations.
There are a number of exclusions and exceptions to this policy:
- The Destination hotel properties and Hyatt Residence Club properties that are listed on this Change and Cancellation Fee Waiver Exceptions page are excluded from this policy.
- Also excluded from this policy are reservations made under Special Event Rates and any other reservations made after June 30, 2020 that disclose a different cancellation or refund policy at the time of booking.
- Reservations not made with Hyatt directly are excluded
- Convention and group business reservations are excluded due to the contractual nature of these reservations.
- Guests with reservations at a Hyatt Residence Club property who did not book through Hyatt channels should contact Hyatt Residence Club.
- Cancellation policies for MGM Resorts International, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, and Lindblad Expeditions may vary from Hyatt’s policies and will be noted in the rate’s Rate Rules section during booking.
I note that no mention is made of corporate rate bookings, but those generally can be canceled on 24, 48 or 72 hours notice. The same holds true for other special rates, such as government and senior rates.
I’m very happy to see this cancellation-without-penalty policy extended. Right now, we are going through shaky times with a lot of unknowns due especially to the Coronavirus pandemic – this new policy gives travelers the needed flexibility and confidence to plan trips again.