there will be three posts today:
I. Asking For Advice regarding Mileage Run (this post)
II. A kickass Giveaway -a coupon for 10% off a Delta Flight
III. Arrange Lunch meet-up (mid- mileage run) in Austin, Texas with Delta Points and some of our Austin readers.
This Sunday to Wednesday will be my first extensive Mileage Run. I will be in planes for the better part of 3 days. OH MY GOD, am I crazy? What did I get myself into? Do I need my head examined?
The only prior Mileage Runs I’ve taken have been flights to the west coast with red-eye returns to the east coast. I’ve also taken a number of flights because they were good prices (or mistake prices) but I’ve made each into mini-vacations. But this is the big deal.
I have lots of questions and am looking for advice and tips. Of course I will not be checking bags. I am a Delta Gold Medallion so I am hoping for some upgrades. I have a Platinum Amex card, so I have access to Sky Lounges.
Feel free to chime in with comments or suggestions.
1. Clothing. Obviously comfortable clothing. Jeans? Leggings? any suggestions?
2. I never travel without bringing workout clothing – but its unlikely I’ll get to a gym or even out for a run. Maybe a walk through a few terminals? I’m still tempted to bring one set of workout gear – you never know, right?
3. Tech stuff – I have an iphone and an ipad. I recently ordered a battery charger, but not sure it will arrive in time. Will I be too bleary eyed to read books or watch movies? Will I have the wherewithal to blog while traveling?
4. Wifi- I have a few GoGo passes so I should be covered.
5. I have never taken a shower in an airport lounge. Anything I should know?
6. Am I going to go crazy after a few days of flying?
7. Have I mentioned that my flight home is a red-eye, scheduled to leave 18 minutes after the next to last flight is scheduled to land? Should we take bets on whether that’s going to happen? Aye aye aye….
I’m sure I haven’t even begun to think of all of the things I should remember to do or bring. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.
and stay tuned for two more posts – one for the giveaway, and the second for the Austin Lunch Do. –>
Disclosure: I may receive compensation for some of the links on this blog, including certain credit card offers and other products displayed on this website. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners.