This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
there will be three posts today:
I. Asking For Advice regarding Mileage Run (this post)
II. A kickass Giveaway -a coupon for 10% off a Delta Flight
III. Arrange Lunch meet-up (mid- mileage run) in Austin, Texas with Delta Points and some of our Austin readers.
This Sunday to Wednesday will be my first extensive Mileage Run. I will be in planes for the better part of 3 days. OH MY GOD, am I crazy? What did I get myself into? Do I need my head examined?
The only prior Mileage Runs I’ve taken have been flights to the west coast with red-eye returns to the east coast. I’ve also taken a number of flights because they were good prices (or mistake prices) but I’ve made each into mini-vacations. But this is the big deal.
I have lots of questions and am looking for advice and tips. Of course I will not be checking bags. I am a Delta Gold Medallion so I am hoping for some upgrades. I have a Platinum Amex card, so I have access to Sky Lounges.
Feel free to chime in with comments or suggestions.
1. Clothing. Obviously comfortable clothing. Jeans? Leggings? any suggestions?
2. I never travel without bringing workout clothing – but its unlikely I’ll get to a gym or even out for a run. Maybe a walk through a few terminals? I’m still tempted to bring one set of workout gear – you never know, right?
3. Tech stuff – I have an iphone and an ipad. I recently ordered a battery charger, but not sure it will arrive in time. Will I be too bleary eyed to read books or watch movies? Will I have the wherewithal to blog while traveling?
4. Wifi- I have a few GoGo passes so I should be covered.
5. I have never taken a shower in an airport lounge. Anything I should know?
6. Am I going to go crazy after a few days of flying?
7. Have I mentioned that my flight home is a red-eye, scheduled to leave 18 minutes after the next to last flight is scheduled to land? Should we take bets on whether that’s going to happen? Aye aye aye….
I’m sure I haven’t even begun to think of all of the things I should remember to do or bring. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.
and stay tuned for two more posts – one for the giveaway, and the second for the Austin Lunch Do. –>
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.