there will be three posts today:
I. Asking For Advice regarding Mileage Run (this post)
II. A kickass Giveaway -a coupon for 10% off a Delta Flight
III. Arrange Lunch meet-up (mid- mileage run) in Austin, Texas with Delta Points and some of our Austin readers.
This Sunday to Wednesday will be my first extensive Mileage Run. I will be in planes for the better part of 3 days. OH MY GOD, am I crazy? What did I get myself into? Do I need my head examined?
The only prior Mileage Runs I’ve taken have been flights to the west coast with red-eye returns to the east coast. I’ve also taken a number of flights because they were good prices (or mistake prices) but I’ve made each into mini-vacations. But this is the big deal.
I have lots of questions and am looking for advice and tips. Of course I will not be checking bags. I am a Delta Gold Medallion so I am hoping for some upgrades. I have a Platinum Amex card, so I have access to Sky Lounges.
Feel free to chime in with comments or suggestions.
1. Clothing. Obviously comfortable clothing. Jeans? Leggings? any suggestions?
2. I never travel without bringing workout clothing – but its unlikely I’ll get to a gym or even out for a run. Maybe a walk through a few terminals? I’m still tempted to bring one set of workout gear – you never know, right?
3. Tech stuff – I have an iphone and an ipad. I recently ordered a battery charger, but not sure it will arrive in time. Will I be too bleary eyed to read books or watch movies? Will I have the wherewithal to blog while traveling?
4. Wifi- I have a few GoGo passes so I should be covered.
5. I have never taken a shower in an airport lounge. Anything I should know?
6. Am I going to go crazy after a few days of flying?
7. Have I mentioned that my flight home is a red-eye, scheduled to leave 18 minutes after the next to last flight is scheduled to land? Should we take bets on whether that’s going to happen? Aye aye aye….
I’m sure I haven’t even begun to think of all of the things I should remember to do or bring. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.
and stay tuned for two more posts – one for the giveaway, and the second for the Austin Lunch Do. –>