This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
A few months ago, it was announced that one of the nation’s leading wellness resorts, the Miraval Resort in Tucson, Arizona was joining the World of Hyatt hotel program. At that time, it was not clear what the award redemption options would be – such as award stays, points and cash redemptions. Today, we learned that.
Effective June 29, 2017, World of Hyatt members can begin enjoying their benefits on unrivaled wellness experiences at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa. Here are some of the details:
World of Hyatt members can:
Earn points on qualifying stays and eligible spa and activity spend at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa (5 Base Points for every eligible dollar spent)
Redeem points for award nights on eligible stays where members will enjoy a $175 resort credit per person, per day along with unlimited meals, snacks and over 120 wellness activities and classes each week (45,000 points per night for a standard room for single occupancy; 75,000 per night for a suite for single occupancy; 20,000 for second person per night)
Enjoy your World of Hyatt benefits on eligible stays, including suite upgrades, credit toward future meetings or events, and more
Redeem Points + Cash using 22,500 points + $450 for standard room/ single occupancy; or using 32,500 points + $550 for standard room/ double occupancy
Wow, 65,000 points per night for double occupancy!
But the $64,000 questions (or should I say 65,000 point questions?), from those I know are:
- If I have a new Chase Hyatt Visa credit card with two free nights’ welcome bonus (and today is the last day to apply for a card with that sign-on bonus), will I be able to use my free nights at the Miraval?
- If I am a globalist with a free promotional night, may I redeem that night at the Miraval?
- If I have a free night certificate, can I redeem that for a night at the Miraval?
The answers are YES, NO, NO.
In a follow up email from Hyatt, I was informed of the following:
The Chase premium free night awards (i.e., the two promotional free night awards provided to qualifying new cardmembers) can be redeemed at Miraval.
All other types of promotional free night award are not redeemable at Miraval, including the following:
– Chase anniversary free night awards
– Category 1-4 free night awards provided to World of Hyatt members who stay at 5 different Hyatt brands
– Category 1-4 free night awards provided to World of Hyatt members who complete 30 qualifying nights or earn 50,000 Base Points in a calendar year
– Category 1-7 free night awards provided to World of Hyatt members who complete 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year
– Category 1-7 free night awards provided annually to Lifetime Globalist members
To summarize, yes, you can use the two promotional free night awards provided to qualifying new Chase Visa cardmembers at the Miraval, but no other promotional free nights can be used.
June 29th was the last day to apply for the Chase Hyatt Visa with the 2 free nights as a sign on bonus. Today, the welcome bonus changes to 40,000 points (an option that some like better – it’s purely personal). However, if a free two night stay at the Miraval was of interest to you, I hope you applied and were approved for the card with that bonus).
(Feel free to visit the tab called Credit Card Links above, or email me, if you want to explore this further)
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.