This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
I received an email from MilleMiglia, the frequent flyer program of Alitalia, reminding me of a (potentially targeted) limited time offer to receive 5,000 miles to sign up for MilleMiglia. I used to jump to sign up for every offer and bonus, only to later realize that, in the end, I never had reason to take advantage of these offer and bonuses. I try to be somewhat more discerning these days. I guess I assumed that this Alitalia offer was such an offer and tossed it aside. But, when I received this follow-up email, it dawned on me that I am in fact flying Alitalia in January, as part of a crazy Skyteam trip (JFK-MXP PRG-AMS-NRT). And so, I read on. (I did a little research, and see that Brian at the Gate wrote about this promotion. Like Brian, my email was addressed as “Dear _______________” )
The MilleMiglia Program rewards its new members!
Join now free of charge by November 28, 2014 through this dedicated link and you can earn a special Welcome Bonus of 5,000 miles.
- To participate in this promotion, customers must enroll in the MilleMiglia Program from 27 October to 28 November 2014, through the dedicated link.
- In order to earn the 5,000 miles Welcome Bonus, new members must take their first flight or use a service of Alitalia and its Partners, within 3 months from the enrollment date.
- The 5,000 miles Welcome Bonus will be credited in the Members account as follows: 2,000 miles, as 2014 Welcome Bonus, will be credited within 72 hours from the first flight/service taken/used with Alitalia and its Partners; 3,000 miles, as an exclusive Welcome Bonus, within 30 days from the first flight/service taken/used with Alitalia and its Partners.
- The 5,000 Welcome Bonus miles is not eligible to enter or renew membership in the Exclusive Clubs.
- The 5.000 bonus miles accrued with this promotion can be cumulated with those of other promotions running during the same period of time.
Thus: You must sign up as a new member by November 28, 2014 and take your first flight or use a service of Alitalia and its Partners, within 3 months from the enrollment date. It is not clear to me what a Partner is, or what services qualify. Also, the above regulations are silent on the question of whether I would still get the bonus miles if I did not credit the flight to Alitalia.
Even if you did not receive the email, you might want to take a screenshot of this page, and then apply through the dedicated link in the quoted text above.
All in all, since I will actually be flying on an Alitalia flight in January, it is in my interest to sign up for this promotion (assuming it is easy to sign up and I’m not already a member of MilleMiglia). Whether I ultimately use the points is another question entirely…
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.