This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) has a promotion to encourage you to book your reservations directly on their app.
You can earn either 3,000 or 5,000 bonus IHG points, as follows:
- Simply book a stay through the IHG app, and you’ll earn 3,000 bonus points
- Then, if you book a Bonus Points Package rate, you will earn an extra 2,000 points.
NOTE: this promotion may be targeted as the last sentence of the Terms and Conditions say This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only.
Here are some terms and conditions:
- You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member, you must register for this promotion, and you must download an app (IOS or Android).
- Qualifying stay booked through the IHG app for dates from February 27, 2018 through April 30, 2018 (the stay must be completed by April 30, 2018).
- This promotion is open to legal residents in North, South and Central America, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of registration. Members from Quebec and Brazil are not eligible for this promotion.
- Members who book through the IHG app and stay any other qualified rate will be awarded 3,000 bonus points. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Members are only eligible to be awarded once during the promotion period.
Further Terms and Conditions —-> HERE.
My analysis is that this is basically a good promo (free points are always appreciated). Since there are currently many IHG promotions, it may be possible to stack them.
Keep in mind that, when you book IHG directly, you can usually get extra points or miles or cash back from your choice of many shopping portals. By following the instructions for this promotion, you might forfeit this points/cashback opportunity. Thus it might be worthwhile to use this promo when making a reservation for an inexpensive stay, but less so if you are making a more expensive reservation.
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.