This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
Just threw together some tidbits. Let me know if you want more info on any of them.
First, the quirky travel photo – the thermostat control at my hotel room in Mexico. What’s wrong with this?
1. [August 10: gone] Today is the last day (at least until the next time this promotion is offered) to apply for the Gold Amex Business Card with 75,000 bonus points. This is a great deal, if you can swing the $10,000 spend requirement. I wrote about this yesterday (as did just about every points and miles blogger in creation).
2. Another card, or cards (if you want to get both a personal and business version) is the Starwood Amex. Its a flexible card, and consistently rated as a top card. Right now, they are offering a 30,000 point bonus on each card, instead of the usual 25,000. See this post at Deals We Like for more information.
3. Speaking of credit cards, Gary at View from the Wing wrote an excellent synopsis of the best credit card and credit card promotions out there. I have quite a few of those cards already, and intend to shoot for a few more. This is a must read.
4. View From the Wing, also has an interesting post today about how to get $43 and 500 free miles just by buying some prepaid Visa Cards. Frankly, some of these deals, though interesting, can get too complicated for someone with a hectic life to begin with. However, if you want a fun intro into the points and miles world, this may be a good dabble.
5. I’ve been meaning to check out the Bose deal. What’s the Bose deal? As explained by the Points Guy , you go to a Bose store, sit still for a 15 minute demonstration, and you get 2,500 American Express Membership Rewards Points. The code is AMXTV and this is good through August 31, 2012. If you’re in New York City, there’s a Bose store in SoHo at 465 Broadway New York, NY 10013. For other locations, check the Bose website.
6. For all of you runners, would-be runners, and friends-of-runners, there’s a giveaway on my blog for a copy of the Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training, written by the most respected names in the running community: Jennifer Van Allen, Bart Yasso and Amby Burfoot! Please enter and tell others!
7. Lots of hotel promos for the third quarter 2012. Hyatt and Marriott seem to be the biggest in the news. For a discussion of the Marriott Mega Bonus special, see this post in the Loyalty Traveler. Since I’m a Hyatt gal, I’m going to stay at a Hyatt at least 5 times in order to get an extra 6,000 Hyatt Points (Mommypoints has a good analysis of this promotion). Basically:
You can earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five eligible nights and 10,000 more for every five nights after that. … register by October 31 and stay at any Hyatt hotel worldwide from September 1 through November 30.
Stay Earn Total Bonus Points Earned
5 Nights + 5,000 bonus points = 5,000
10 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 15,000
15 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 25,000
20 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 35,000
25 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 45,000
30 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 55,000
35 Nights + 10,000 bonus points = 65,000
Plus, if you’re a Hyatt Credit Card member, you’ll earn 20% more bonus points.
8. If you have an American Express card, you can sign up for the Extended Payment Option – no, you don’t have to actually extend your payments, but you can earn 5000 Membership Rewards for each such sign up. Free and easy.
Please note: Will Run For Miles may receive minimal compensation if consumers utilize the links located below.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.