This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
I’m sure that many of you have heard how great the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Card is. In fact, its being hailed as comparable to, or even better than, the Gold Premier American Express Card. For the past year or so, the card has offered a bonus of 50,000 points after meeting a minimum spending of $3,000 in the first 3 months, and the annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year. Other key terms include:
- 2 points per dollar spent on travel and dining and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Use 20% fewer points when you redeem for travel when you book your flight, cruise, or other travel through Ultimate Rewards(SM)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn a 7% annual points dividend – even on points already redeemed
- Transfer points you’ve earned to participating partners, including Amtrak, British Airways, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Korean Airlines, Hyatt Hotels, Priority Club (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza), and Marriott Hotels, at a 1:1 value.
As I’ve written before, not only is this card beautiful, it is also fabulous. Plus, by linking through the Ultimate Rewards shopping portal, you can earn 5 and 10 points for many online purchases. For example, 12 points for every dollar spent at Groupon.
The 50,000 point bonus has now been reduced to a 40,000 point bonus if you go directly through the Chase website. However, a number of the bloggers are still able to offer the card through a referral link with the 50,000 point bonus, but only for a few more days – through Monday April 2, 2012. They have been informed that, on Tuesday, April 3, 2012, the bonus will be 40,000.
So, if you have been considering applying for the Chase Preferred Sapphire credit card, and you have sufficient credit and ability to pay the minimum spend, you might want to put your application in now.
My blog is too new to receive approval from Chase to have a link for this card. However, the deal is available from the following blogs (all of which, incidentally, are fabulous blogs):
Please note: Will Run For Miles may have a financial relationship with some of the merchants advertised on the blog, and may receive compensation if consumers utilize the links located on this site and generate sales therefrom
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.