This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
I reported here, my own experience with the latest United Airlines glitch. Here are a few updates and observations….
1. Poof! Many have reported that the United Airlines reservations they made with the, for lack of a better word, glitch, have simply disappeared from their accounts.
2. Twitter Hashtag! an interesting hashtag trend began yesterday on Twitter: #HonorTheTickets
3. Spoof Twitter Account! There is now a Twitter user named @UnitedGlitch, who’s profile says ” I will get your hopes up only to smash them to itty-bitty pieces. I am the Glitch!”
4. Psychological Warfare? As reported in this article on The Street, United Airlines now denies that there was a glitch or any malfunction. Instead the airline now casts blame at those who reserved award tickets by calling them scammers. Does it seem that United is trying out a new PR tactic by repeatedly painting their customers as bad people?
5. Petition Jeff! Someone has begun a petition on Change.Org to ask United’s CEO, Jeff Smisek to “Honor the tickets.”
All in all, not much has happened….
Want to contact me?
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.