This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan members can check a case of wine for free when flying from 29 West Coast cities with the airline’s Wine Flies Free Program!
Well now fly your wine free (hiccup . . .), I mean your wine flies free on Alaska Airlines!
With the Wine Flies Free Program, now Alaska Airlines members can plan a summer trip to the wine country and can check a case of wine for free!
How it works:
- Taste your way through over 5,000 wineries across California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
- Let the winery know you’ll be checking your wine at the airport so they can help you pack it safely for air travel.
- Make sure your Mileage Plan number is in your flight reservation.
- Drop your wine off with an Alaska customer service agent and let them know you’re checking a case of wine.
- Fly easy!
- Pick up your case and enjoy at home with friends or family!
Added Bonus – Free Tastings!
As an added bonus – many wineries in Washington and Oregon offer free tastings when you show your Alaska Airlines boarding Pass – see more info here.
List of Wine Flies Free Destinations: The Wine Flies Free offer applies on Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air and SkyWest flights from these cities:
- California: Burbank, Fresno, Los Angeles, Monterey, Oakland, Ontario, Orange County, Palm Springs, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Sonoma
- Idaho: Boise and Lewiston
- Oregon: Eugene, Medford, Portland, and Redmond
- Washington: Bellingham, Pasco, Pullman, Seattle, Spokane, Walla Walla, Wenatchee, and Yakima
So there you have it!
Have a great summer, enjoy the wine country and bring home a case of wine (and bring me a bottle)!
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.