Planning on traveling this summer, or over July 4th in particular? Then you might be interested in some of the findings of a recent travel survey conducted on behalf of American Express, called the American Express Spending & Saving Tracker:
- 198 Million Americans are planning a summer getaway this year.
- Despite this being up 13% over last year, the number of Americans planning to travel specifically over the July 4th holiday weekend is down a significant 15% from last year (35% vs. 41%).
- Approximately 82.1 Million Americans are planning to get away to celebrate
- Americans not planning to travel over holiday weekends is up 19% in 2015 (31% vs. 26% in 2014)
- Labor Day is also down a significant 17% from last year (24% vs. 29%)
- There is a significant 13% increase in the number of Americans taking 2 full weeks—or more!—of vacation this summer (36% vs. 32% in 2014)
- 81% of Americans with summer travel plans saved/set aside money to travel this summer
- Of the 92% of Americans planning activities during their summer travel, 32% are planning a family reunion