World of Hyatt issued a press release this morning announcing the launch of a new Chase World of Hyatt Visa card – with an annual fee of $95.
I note the 2x points for fitness centers (YAY!), 60,000 points for new sign-ups as well as 9x Points total on Hyatt stays and experiences. While I’m not thrilled with the 2,000 point incentive for current cardholders who want to switch to the “new” version of the card, but overall the benefits, including status and annual free nights, seem well worth the annual fee.
Further analysis will follow, but for the meantime, here’s the press release, in pertinent part:
CHICAGO (June 28, 2018) – Chase Card Services (NYSE:JPM) and Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the launch of the new World of Hyatt Credit Card, designed to reward today’s travelers for making everyday purchases – both while at home and on the road. From fitness to transportation to dining, World of Hyatt cardmembers will be rewarded for their spend, making it easier to elevate their status and earn free nights at Hyatt destinations. Cardmembers will also be able to earn Bonus Points with the addition of a new fitness club and gym memberships category.
Benefits of the new World of Hyatt Credit Card include:
- More Bonus Points:
- 9x Points total on Hyatt stays and experiences – that is based on:
- 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent on the card at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including participating restaurants and spas
- Plus 5 Base Points per eligible $1 spent as a World of Hyatt member
- 2x Bonus Points on dining at restaurants and airline tickets purchased through the airline
- 2x Bonus Points on fitness club and gym memberships
- 2x Bonus Points on local transit and commuting including ride share services
- 1 Bonus Point on all other purchases
- More free nights:
- One free night each anniversary year at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- One additional free night at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after spending $15,000 in an anniversary year
- More ways to achieve higher status:
- Automatic Discoverist status in World of Hyatt
- 5 qualifying night credits every year
- 2 qualifying night credits after every $5,000 in spend on the card
- Additional benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Points don’t expire as long as the credit card account remains open
. . .
In addition to the expanded card benefits, for a limited time new World of Hyatt Cardmembers have access to a rich new cardmember bonus, with benefits including:
- New World of Hyatt Cardmembers can earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points (equivalent of up to 12 free nights at a category 1 Hyatt hotel or 2 free nights at a category 7 Hyatt hotel or resort) on qualifying purchases.
- 40,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening and another 20,000 Bonus Points if they spend $6,000 total within the first 6 months.
- Existing Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can upgrade to the new World of Hyatt Credit Card at any time and for a limited time can earn 2,000 Bonus Points if they are approved for the new product.
The new World of Hyatt Credit Card has an annual fee of $95. For more information about the new World of Hyatt Credit Card, visit http://www.GetHyattCard.com.
(Note: I do not earn a commission if you sign up for this card).