This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
I’ve noticed that, every email I get from an airline or hotel group recently speaks of enhancements, which, upon reflection, is anything but an enhancement. So, today, just seeing the subject line of the Delta email I received this morning, 7 Things to Look Forward to, made me laugh. Or cringe. This is the list. My responses are invisible….
1. The 2015 SkyMiles program has more seats for fewer miles.
2. Use your miles in more ways, i.e, for one ways. And more award levels.
3. Booking Award travel is easier.
4. Use miles and cash together.
5. Your miles don’t expire.
6. No blackout dates.
7. Status multiplies your miles.
8. Earn even more with the credit card.
OK, isn’t that 8? And which are really new? #1, #2 and #3? And none of this works if the dollar or award price are reasonable, or at least competitive, right?
If the email instead listed the Delta negatives for 2015, what would it list?
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.