This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. We appreciate it when you support Will Run For Miles by using our links.
It was bittersweet. I diligently made sure to book, cancel or change any award trips planned. I also made sure to choose Economy Comfort seating for my scheduled flights, a benefit of being a Platinum Medallion. I even phoned Delta to check on an e-credit I have, and said a near tearful thank you and I’ll miss you to the Medallion Desk agent, Rhonda.
Last night I received an unexpected final gift from Delta: an email informing me that my upgrade was confirmed on a flight I’m on this week. Your Upgrade is Now Confirmed, was the title of the email. Thank you, Delta. My assigned seat was now not in Economy Comfort, but rather 3A, in First Class.
|You’ve been upgraded! We have confirmed your complimentary Medallion upgrade and highlighted the changes in your itinerary. There is no need to reconfirm your flights—you can view your itinerary anytime.|
I woke up this morning and went on-line, and not only was there no sign of this upgrade, my reservation now said “main cabin, no seat assigned.” Wow, Delta, thanks for the clawback. Thanks for acknowledging my years of loyalty.
I phoned Delta. The agent, Amanda, was very nice but said she couldn’t assign Economy Comfort seat to me. WTF? I had an assigned Economy Comfort seat yesterday before Delta upgraded, and then downgraded me. Finally, Amanda spoke to a supervisor who allowed her to over-ride the system and give me back my Economy Comfort seat.
Boy that all left a bad taste in my mouth.
What do you think?
1. Should Delta, having upgraded me to First Class, while I was still a Platinum Medallion, be required to honor the upgrade?
2. If Delta is not required to honor the upgrade, should they have done so anyway based on good business practices?
3. If Delta is not required to honor the upgrade, are they required to re-assign an Economy Comfort seat to me, since that it what I had before the upgrade-downgrade.
4. No soup for you, only main cabin.
5. Do you prefer your drinks shaken or stirred?
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed, by any bank, card issuer, or other company unless otherwise stated.