Picture this. You are staying at a nice hotel. You are ready to check out and you do a check around the room to make sure you have all of your items. Since you used the safe to store your keys and wallet during your stay, you put your hand in and feel around the safe. Under that silly piece of carpet in the safe (why do they put carpet in safes anyway?), you feel a small piece of plastic.
You pull it out and (although you haven’t scientifically tested it) you’re quite positive this tiny clear plastic envelope has a small amount of cocaine in it.
Quickly, you rule out any notion that this was an amenity from the hotel to thank you for your loyalty. And, although you may joke that someone had a nose party in the room, you know this is serious – this substance is an illegal hard-drug, and you don’t really want to be caught holding the bag. What should you do?
- Snort it?
- Save it for later?
- Try to ascertain the prior guest so you can (a) deliver his stash to him/her, (b) make a new friend and/or (c) get him/her arrested?
- Flush it down the toilet?
- Say nothing and skedaddle out of the hotel?
- Deliver it to hotel management?
- Report it to the Police?
- Call all your friends and say guess what I found?
Here’s what I did and I don’t know if it was wrong or right. I flushed it down the toilet and I reported it to the hotel manager.
What would you do?