This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
Wednesday morning, I received a text from Michelle, who writes Miles, Points and Mai Tais, telling me that the Starbucks App for Runtastic Pro was free this week at Starbucks. So, when I went out to run that morning, I stopped by two Starbucks, looking for these “Pick of the Week” cards. Alas, I saw only cards for Wild Sky, some sort of game.
Little did I know, Starbucks has two Picks of the Week. The one in the store, with the actual cards, and a second one, which is digital, and you get right from the Starbucks App on your smartphone. Dohhh.
So, I checked, and voila, Runtastic Pro, normally $4.95, is indeed Starbuck’s digital Pick of the Week. This app is a GPS-based app, with a social media aspect.
Here are the details of the Runtastic Pro app:
Runtastic PRO GPS Running, Walking & Fitness Tracker
Download Runtastic & take your fitness to a new level with our 4.5+ rated tracking app!
The Runtastic PRO app tracks cardio workout progress (time, distance, speed, elevation, calories & more) to help you best reach your exercise goals! Join our global fitness community today, whether you’re looking to improve general health, build up cardio endurance, run your first 5k or train for a marathon!
PRO APP FEATURES:
– Voice Coach: Audio feedback for each mile or km completed
– Live Tracking: Show supporters where you are in your training session
– Cheering: Receive messages & cheers
– Auto Pause: Session paused automatically when you stop running
– Routes: Create or find exercise routes on Runtastic.com & sync to phone
– Colored Traces: Colors indicate training changes, incl.: pace, elevation, slope
– Power Song: Activate to give workout a boost
– Training goals & analysis: Heart rate zone, calorie goal or pace goal to optimize training
– Interval training & coaching and dynamic split tables
– Geotagging: Take photos during workout & see pics online with map trace
– Weather, temp. & sunrise/sunset data
– Use for running, jogging, biking, skating, cross-country skiing & hand bike training
– Ad free
– Map workouts in real-time with GPS & monitor exercise progress
– Mapping: Detailed live mapping & historic mapping (Google Maps)
– Personal training diary & metrics
– Graphs: Elevation, pace, speed & heart rate info from your jog, run or walk
– Dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics
– Enjoy cardio workouts with the integrated music player
– Integrate Runtastic activities with MyFitnessPal
– Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning & weight lifting workouts
– Monthly & overall metrics for distance, number of workouts, duration & calories burned
– Share exercise activities on Facebook, Twitter & Google+
Save all workouts on Runtastic.com. In the Runtastic online community, you’ll get further data analysis, coaching & encouraging comparisons to friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach your fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals. You can also choose an expert training plan. Training plans provide coaching & inspiration for fitness goals, incl.: weight loss, building endurance, jogging a 10k, running a half-marathon, running a marathon or attaining a bikini body! Further health & fitness tips are provided by our Fitness Coach Lunden on the Runtastic Fitness Channel.
And, try out the Runtastic Workout Mix! Runtastic has partnered with Power Music, the world’s No. 1 workout music producer, to create scientifically-engineered music compilations. The first Runtastic Workout Mix is available NOW!
There are a number of runner apps like this, and some like one better, others like another. Also, you can choose which features of the app to use.
What’s your opinion? Do you use Runtastic Pro or another running app?
Want to contact me?
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.