This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
|this is what I find when I google too much…..|
Seriously, no matter how much I learn in the points and miles world, I still have so many questions. And I wouldn’t be surprised if others had some questions too. So, let me throw the questions that have been bobbing around in my head out there, and perhaps you can help me out with some answers. Feel free to go into depth, and, if you have any questions I should ask here, please ask away…..
1. I was in a CVS store yesterday and above the gift card rack was a packet of Vanilla Reload cards. I removed the plastic wrapping, and took out four reload cards for purchase. The remaining cards I hid on the rack behind the Farmville gift cards. My question: since reload cards have no value until you put money on them, could I have pocketed them (for later use) or would that have been considered theft? What would you do?
2. I just attained Gold Medallion status on Delta Airlines. I like Delta a lot but its award tickets are a joke. I live in NYC. My preferred airport is LGA for domestic flights or JFK for international flights. What are the best Delta award redemptions? (I have approx 200,000 miles). (I’d like to include a free one way add on – thanks to MileValue).
3. Continuing on from #2, if I were to do a status match, would it be better to go for One World or Star Alliance? I have about 100,000 miles on each, but no status on either. I do have a trip to Tokyo planned on UA in March, so it would be a good start, but I am leaning towards American Airlines. Its redemptions seem to be very good, and its twitter customer service rocks, and the hot nuts are awesome. But, I think I need a little more info and insight. Can you help me?
4. I love being a Hyatt diamond, but have not had enough stays in 2012. I’ll be a (pitiful) platinum in 2013. Since I do not travel for work, getting 25 stays might be rough, and then I’d have to rinse and repeat the next year anyway. I am presently Hilton Gold, and will probably get a credit card (Visa or Surpass) so I can keep Gold next year. If I were to ask Hyatt for a status challenge in 2013 – (1) does the challenge require 12 stays or 12 nights in a 60 day period? and (2) beginning with which month in 2013 could I do a challenge that would get me diamond through February 2015? (I’m betting Mommypoints will answer this one ….)
5. What’s going on between Points Envy and Million Mile Secrets?
By the way, I’m Katruns26point2 on Twitter and Katstarr on Milepoint and Flyertalk. My motto today is Make Planes, not Guns. If it inflames you, so be it. I’m beyond a little inflamed over the recent losses of beautiful lives.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.