This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
I’ve been at blogger conferences the past two weekends and I am positive that I cannot effectively write and publish posts when traveling with merely an iPhone and iPad. It’s time to step up and get the equipment I need to do this right. These are the items I need, and maybe you can help me with ideas and links. Please let’s not get into the PC/Mac fight, though I’m open to all suggestions. If you have links for special deals, that’s even better. Of course I’d like to shop through portals and get maximum points for my purchases. Thank you so much for your help!
Here’s what I need.
1. iPhone. I have the 4S but with 16gb, I’m constantly running out of room. I am going to order the 64gb phone – and do it while there’s a $200 offer to hand in an old phone. Although the iPhone6+ sounds interesting, I will get the iPhone6 because I often take my phone when I’m running and the 6+ is just too big for that.
2. Laptop or Netbook – my two requirements are cheap and light. The lighter the better. I want to be able to travel with this so I can blog on the road. Can this be done with a Netbook, or is a Laptop required? I don’t need a fancy name or state of the art model. Any suggestions on brands and models that are not expensive?
3. Camera – I’ve been mainly relying on the camera in my iPhone, but I’m not happy with the photos recently. I need something better. I would love to get a fancy, expensive camera, but I’m talking point and shoot here. I don’t want a lot of bells and whistles and I’d prefer to spend under $200. I want to use this when I travel and sometimes to carry with me during marathons, so size matters (!). I would prefer a model that has wi-fi. I am partial to Canon (I have an old point and shoot that I haven’t used in a few years), but open to all suggestions. (Gary Leff has written on this before – perhaps he has suggestions?).
4. Desktop – I presently have a Dell and it’s Windows xp so it’s no longer supported. It’s become very slow and wonky. I have a hard time saying goodbye, but it’s time for me to move on. I’ve had my home PC for 8 years. I’ve mainly been debating between Dell and Mac….
5. iPad. I already own an iPad 2 (or is it an iPad3). I don’t use it much because it’s a little clunkly. I just ordered a mini on sale for $199 (instead of $299) but I am 90% I am going to return it. I probably will get most of what I need the iPad Mini for out of the new iPhone6, so I won’t really need it. Do you agree that I should return this?
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.