This page may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners for which we many receive compensation. This may impact how and where products appear on this site. This site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We are thankful when you support this site by using our links.
Kathy, your Blue BusinessSMPlus Credit Card Application has been approved!
I just applied for the new Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express and I’m psyched. The primary reason I’m so excited is because it’s a no annual fee business card that earns TWO Membership Reward points for all purchases (for the first $50,000 in purchases per year).
I do a fair amount of online (impulse) shopping, and many of these purchases do not earn more than one point or mile per dollar on any of my credit cards. I hate only earning one mile or point per dollar for purchases!
Now, when I make purchases that would not otherwise earn bonus miles, I can use this card and earn 2 MR points per dollar. I think of this as a possible additional 100,000 MR points per year. (Actually, it’s only an extra 50,000 points, but still . . . )
If you apply now, you receive a 20,000 MR sign-on bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
Here are the basics:
- Special Offer: Earn 20,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 2X points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- 0.0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 11.99%, 15.99% or 19.99%
- The variable APR rate is based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
When applying for a business credit or charge card, American Express will ask you about the name and activity of your business. I have always truthfully told the details about my business as a blogger and that has always been accepted by American Express. Others I know have talked about their selling activities on websites such as Ebay, Amazon or Poshmark.
To learn more about this or other credit cards, check out the Credit Cards Link above.
If you’re a ScotteVest fan (and what traveler isn’t a fan?) the company is running a Memorial Day sale with 25% off through May 30th – code MD17. Thrilled if you click on my affiliate link —>
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.