- Finnair Flight Reviews, AY 006 (JFK-HEL), AY 131 (HEL-SIN), AY 132 (SIN-HEL), AY 5909 (HEL-LHR, operated by BA), AY 5479 (LHR-JFK, operated by BA)
- Review: Finnair Business Class Lounge, Helsinki Airport
- Review: Almost@Home Lounge, Helsinki Airport (Priority Pass)
- Review: Plaza Premium Lounge, Helsinki Airport (Priority Pass)
- Hotel Review: Grand Hyatt Hotel Singapore
- Trip Report: Three Days in Singapore
- Hotel Review: Andaz Hotel Singapore
- Review: Qantas Business Lounge, Singapore Changi Airport
- Review: British Airways Lounge, Singapore Changi Airport
- The Jewel at Singapore Changi Airport
I had time to kill at Helsinki Airport as I was flying to Singapore on Finnair from New York and had a long layover. I spent some hours at the Finnair Business Class Lounge. I then decided to go for a walk around the airport and do a bit of lounge hopping.
Moomins were everywhere at Helsinki Airport!
The Almost@Home Lounge
Almost@Home Lounge is a Priority Pass lounge. It is open from 05:30 a.m. to 23:30 p.m. daily. It is located at Terminal 2, in the Non-Schengen area before Gate 32.
Of the three lounges I visited, I liked this least. Actually I disliked it. This is what I have to say about Almost@Home Lounge: If you are truly Almost at Home, then you should just Go Home! Really. Or more correctly, if it’s the only lounge, go there, but don’t expect much.
The food was sparse and not appetizing. The alcohol was even sparser and the premium beverages were not complimentary. And the design, aimed to look homey, just didn’t cut it. Perhaps I was jaded because I’d just visited two very nice lounges, but I basically walked in and out of this lounge. Here are some photos.