- Finnair Flight Reviews, AY 006 (JFK-HEL), AY 131 (HEL-SIN), AY 132 (SIN-HEL), AY 5909 (HEL-LHR, operated by BA), AY 5479 (LHR-JFK, operated by BA)
- Review: Finnair Business Class Lounge, Helsinki Airport
- Review: Almost Home Lounge, Helsinki Airport (Priority Pass)
- Review: Plaza Premium Lounge, Helsinki Airport (Priority Pass)
- Hotel Review: Grand Hyatt Hotel Singapore
- Trip Report: Three Days in Singapore
- Hotel Review: Andaz Hotel Singapore
- Review: Qantas Business Lounge, Singapore Changi Airport
- Review: British Airways Lounge, Singapore Changi Airport
- The Jewel at Singapore Changi Airport
On a recent trip to Singapore on Finnair I had a long layover at Helsinki airport. As I was flying in business class, I spent the majority of my time at the Finnair Business Class Lounge. With so much time to kill, I did a little bit of lounge hopping. I visited the Almost Home Lounge and the Plaza Premium Lounge, both of which are included in the Priority Pass network of lounges.
I have previously visited a number of Plaza Premium Lounges, including their lounges at London Heathrow, Abu Dhabi, Rio de Janeiro and Hong Kong (and likely others too). As far as Priority Pass lounges go, I’ve never been disappointed with Plaza Premium brand of lounges. In my experience, Plaza Premium lounges are clean and nicely decorated (perhaps a tad gaudy, but that’s fun too). The lounges consistently have a wide choice of freshly prepared, good quality hot and cold food and a nice assortment of beverages as well as comfortable seating (albeit somewhat cluttered), working wi-fi and outlets. No real complaints from me.
The Plaza Premium lounge at Helsinki Airport is open from 5 a.m. to midnight daily and is located in the non-Schengen Area of Terminal 2 between gates 34 and 40. Entry was easy.
The lounge has a full service bar.
Here’s the selection of food:
Seating is available in one area at tables and another area filled with armchairs. The floor to ceiling windows provide good plane-spotting opportunities.
Got kids? The lounge has a really nice children’s area.
All in all, I liked the Plaza Premium lounge at Helsinki Airport a lot. If I hadn’t had access to the Finnair Business Class Lounge, I certainly would have been happy spending my lounge time here.
The Priority Pass is complimentary with a number of charge and credit cards such as Platinum American Express Cards (business and personal), Chase Sapphire Reserve card and Citi Prestige card.