Starting today, September 12th through November 30th, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum AAdvantage members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts can register and enjoy the benefits of World of Hyatt Explorist status for 90 days with the option of completing qualifying activity in order to keep status.
First, Link your Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts
Second: Register to fast track to elite status by November 30, 2023
Third: Complete the challenge within 90 days to upgrade status through February 2025
- Eligible AAdvantage® members can complete the qualifying World of Hyatt challenge activity within the first 90 days after registering to keep World of Hyatt Explorist or achieve Globalist status through February 2025.
- Globalist status challenge is only available to AAdvantage® Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members.
- AAdvantage Gold and Platinum members must stay 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights to keep Explorist status.
- AAdvantage Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members must stay 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights to keep Explorist status or stay 20 Tier-Qualifying Nights to earn Globalist status. If awarded, status will last through February 2025.
- Qualifying activity is earned when a World of Hyatt member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels. Once earned, members can enjoy elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast (benefits vary by tier level).
- Upon registration, the Eligible Member will receive a trial upgrade to Explorist status for 90 days (“Explorist Trial Period”). The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms). To maintain Explorist status through February 2025, the member must complete ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating MGM Resort destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) hotels, and Lindblad Expeditions.
- Only Tier-Qualifying Nights completed by the member during the member’s Trial Explorist Period will count toward this offer. Stays completed by the member prior to the start of their Trial Explorist Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a Tier-Qualifying Night). Further, in order for Tier-Qualifying Nights completed during the member’s Explorist Trial Period to count toward this offer, the member must check out of their reservation during their Explorist Trial Period. If member checks into a reservation during their Explorist Period, but does not check out until after the Explorist Trial Period has ended, no nights stayed as part of that reservation will count toward this offer. Explorist Trial Period begins at registration and may not be extended. World of Hyatt Credit Card night credits do not qualify as Tier-Qualifying Nights.
- If the member earns Explorist status through February 2025 by completing the criteria above, their new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which they complete the applicable requirement.
This all sounds complicated, but it’s not. If you are interested in this challenge, consider your timing since you’ll have 90 days from registration to complete the challenge.
As for the reciprocal terms of the AAdvantage Fast Track Challenge, I am informed that select AAdvantage members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts will see their offer in the promotions tab on their AA account.